Continuous Web Ovens
- HIX Continuous Web Printing Ovens are the best in the industry! Used for curing inks in the printing industry, including conductive inks or continuous webs of printed circuit boards. There are none better!
Our Continuous Web Printing Ovens are designed for customers integrating them into their web printing production lines. These ovens can process material as thin as .005 inch in thickness and by utilizing vacuum collector boxes, they compensate for starts and stops in the production and for the indexing of the web between print cycles. We offer two standard designs of Continuous Web Printing Ovens with their own advantages, or we can custom build one to your specifications.
Tower Ovens are used for curing continuously printed webs of material with a maximum curing temperature of 350°F. Our tower ovens use thin pliable belts with widths of 24” or less, and are available in gas or electric hot air convection. Benefits include a significantly reduced amount of floor space that is needed in your facility, and a speed adjustable collecting system for printed material. Our Tower Ovens are a perfect fit for companies in the electronics or printing industries who require long runs of a product but have limited horizontal space available!
Our Continuous Web Printing Tunnel Ovens are more versatile than other types of continuous web printing ovens. They use Infrared, Infra-air (Infrared w/ recirculating air), or hot air convection (gas or electric) and have a broader temperature range, allowing for a higher level of customization. Our tunnel ovens are perfect for printing companies that are interested in curing a wide variety of inks rapidly.
If you have any questions or would like to request a quote, contact one of our sales representatives! Our sales representatives have factory training and years of experience servicing and installing our Industrial Tunnel and Tower Ovens. We have Industrial Ovens for all your printing needs!
Examples of Continuous Web Oven Applications
Curing Conductive Inks
Electric Hot Air Convection Tower Oven used to cure conductive inks on continuous webs of printed circuit boards.
- 40 Feet of heated web drying length
- Four passes
- 208-240V, 100A, 123,000 BTU (480v available)
- 350°F maximum temperature
- Bottom sided web contact only
- Web speed of up to 20 feet per minute
- Capable of detecting transparent plastic films
- Silicon coated fiberglass belting
- Adjustable up to a 24” maximum web width
- Overall dimensions of 90”W x 119”H x 100″D
Curing A Web of Phase Change Material
Infra-Air Tunnel Oven used to cure a web of proprietary phase change material with dual liners.
- Top down airflow impingement
- Infrared heaters combined w/ top down adjustable airflow
- Fiberglass mesh belt with Stainless Steel support tubes to prevent belt and web sagging
- Viewing and access windows for quality control
- Viewing lights inside of the oven
- Up to a 60” wide web width
- 46 feet of total oven length in four sections
- 4” oven chamber openings with adjustable doors
- Two 12” fume hoods
- 450°F maximum operating temperature
- 480V, 150Amps, 406,500 BTU (240v available)
- Built to UL-499 standards
Fiberglass mesh belt with Stainless Steel web support tubes to prevent belt and web sagging – *belt not shown*.
- CUSTOM AIRFLOW
- Some processes require a higher level of air volume or custom air impingement. By customizing the airflow and impingement to each process, it ensures the highest level of product quality and energy efficiency.
- AUTOMATIC STARTUP & SHUTDOWN
- Automatic start and stop functions ensure efficient work time by preheating the oven before the production shift begins and prevents wasted energy when the shift is finished.
- BELT DIRECTION
- The belt direction can be customized to match the floor layout and application. If two belts are required, they can operate in the same, or opposite directions.
- BELT HEIGHT
- The belt height is critical to partnering equipment and is adjustable for any changes in height that may be required through the life of the oven.
- BELT TYPES
- The belt selection can affect the the integrity of the web material and can directly affect various aspects of an oven, including the airflow and longevity of the belt.
- DIGITAL BELT SPEED CONTROLS
- The belt speed adjustment is simple and can be programmed to match the application. The display can be set in feet/meters per minute, or for the products retention time inside of the oven chamber.
- EMERGENCY STOPS
- Emergency stops are critical for protecting employees and products. The location, design, and function of each emergency stop can be customized to suit your individual preference.
- FUME HOODS
- Fume hoods are excellent at exhausting volatile fumes to ensure a high quality product and a safer operating environment.
- HIGH & LOW TEMPERATURE ALARM SENSORS
- Quality control is supported for temperature sensitive products by installing temperature sensors to notify operators if the oven temperature has deviated from the set temperature range.
- INFEED & DELIVERY EXTENSIONS
- Oven extensions can be customized to any length from as short as one foot to unlimited lengths.
- LOCKOUT CONTROLS
- Lockout controls help maintain improper oven use from unauthorized personnel. We offer lockable covers for the control panel and switches.
- OVEN CHAMBER HEIGHT
- Custom oven chamber heights control the distance between the heat source and the product for proper curing. It also helps to maintain a higher level of energy efficiency, and maximizes the airflow depending on the oven’s purpose.
- FORCED AIR PROCESS COOLER
- A forced air process cooler can be built into an oven to cool the product at a specified rate using filtered ambient air before handling, or before the next stage in production.
- INTERFACE CONTROLS
- HMI and PLC controls can be designed, programmed, and installed to match your production process while keeping the controls simple and intuitive.
- SPECIALIZED CONTROLS AND COMMUNICATION
- Customized controls allow for a high level of control and management of the process. They can be setup for remote control and monitoring, and includes options for oven alarms.
- CUSTOM AIRFLOW