Continuous Web Ovens
- HIX Continuous Web Ovens are built to help you get the job done. We understand your need for increased productivity while keeping high quality and energy efficiency in mind. Our ovens offer superior design to meet your specific needs through true customization from exact product dimensions to precise wavelength ranges. With our experienced engineers and production staff you can have confidence that your custom oven will be built to exceed your expectations with our strong production standards.
Our Continuous Web Oven was custom designed for a customer integrating it into their web printing line they offer to customers. This oven/dryer can process material as thin as .005 of an inch thick. It provides a distinct advantage by reducing floor space and by utilizing vacuum collector boxes which compensate in for starts and stops in production or indexing of the web between prints. This is a perfect unit for companies in the electronics or printing industries who require long runs of product but have limited horizontal space available.
Used for continuous webs with operating temperatures typically below 350F, thin pliable webs with widths of 24” or less, and electric hot air convections. Benefits include significantly smaller footprint and web collection system to compensate in even of web speed change.
More versatile oven type for continuous webs. Can use IR or hot air convection heat, broader operating temperature range, and allows for a higher level of customization.
Some examples of Continuous Web Oven Applications
Curing Conductive Inks
Electric hot air convection oven used to cure conductive inks on continuous web of printed circuit boards.
- 40 Feet of web drying length
- Four passes
- 208-240V, 100A, 123,000 BTU
- 350F max temp
- Bottom side web contact only
- Up to 20 feet per minute web speed
- Capable of detecting transparent plastic films
- Silicon coated fiberglass belting
- Adjustable up to 24” max web width
- Overall dimensions 90”W x 100”D x 119”H
Curing Web of Phase Change Material
Infra-air oven used to cure web of proprietary phase change material with dual liners.
- Top down airflow
- Infrared combined with top down adjustable airflow
- Fiberglass mesh belt with extra stainless steel web support tubes to prevent belt and web sagging
- Viewing and access windows for quality control
- Viewing lights inside oven
- Up to 36” wide web widths
- 46’ total feet of oven length in four sections
- 4” tall oven opening with adjustable doors
- Two 12” fume hoods
- 150-450F operating temperature
- 480V, 150 Total Amps, 406,500 BTU
- Built to UL-499 standards
Fiberglass mesh belt with extra stainless steel web support tubes to prevent belt and web sagging – belt not shown.
- Additional Airflow
- Some processes require a high level of air circulation or impingement. By matching airflow to process a high level of process efficiency and quality can be achieved.
- Auto Shutdown/Start Up
- Automatic start and stop functions can save valuable production time by having the oven warm up as employees are preparing for their shift or allowing them to work until the end of the day.
- Belt Direction
- Belt direction can be set to match floor layout and process needs. In the case two belts are designed they can move in the same or opposite directions.
- Belt Height
- Belt height designed to match partner equipment and adjustability is important for designing a versatile oven solution.
- Belt Type
- Belt selection allows for increased process control as it can affect integrity of the part and directly affects various aspects of an oven including airflow and longevity of the belt.
- Digital Belt Speed Control
- Belt speed adjustment is simple and can be programmed to suit preferences. The display can be set in feet or meters per minute or residence time inside the oven chamber.
- Emergency Stops
- Protect employees and product with emergency stops. Location, look, and function can be designed to suit preferences.
- Fume Hoods
- Fume hoods capture fumes or volatiles and for purpose of recirculation some of the escaped heated air resulting in safer more energy efficient operation.
- High/Low Temp Alarm Sensors
- Quality assurance can be supported for temperature sensitive products by installing a temperature controller that can be set to alarm and notify workers if oven temperatures are out of a set range.
- Infeed/Exit Feed Length Adjustment
- Oven conveyor extensions can be customized to suit process need from as short as one foot to unlimited lengths.
- Lockout Controls
- Lockout controls can be provided as needed from lockable cover over controls or special switches and power functions.
- Oven Opening Height
- A specialized oven opening height allows for increased process control and heat retention by setting a process specific distance between the product and the heater.
- Post Cooler
- In situations where product need to be cooled prior to handling or a next step process a filtered forced ambient air cooler can be specified to match product properties and process requirements.
- Product Interface Device
- HMI concept and function can be designed to match your process and production needs keeping operations and control simple and intuitive.
- Specialized Controls and Communication
- Customized controls allows for a higher level of process control and management. Control or monitor remotely or create a system of feedback and alarms that protect your high precision process.
- Additional Airflow